Routine Home Care
• Nurse visits
• Certified nurse aide visits to assist with personal care
• Physician and nurse on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week• Social worker assists with community resources, mobilizing support and counseling
• The chaplain provides faith-based spiritual support
• Volunteers visit or give caregiver breaks
• Speech, physical and occupational therapists available as needed
• Counseling services – spiritual and dietary therapy• Bereavement Services
General Inpatient Care
• Temporary inpatient care, when necessary, to treat pain or other acute symptoms when routine homecare or continuous care is not sufficient
• A team member will coordinate care with hospital staff• Aimed at making the patient comfortable then (dis-charging) back to the home setting
• Includes daily rounding with an interdisciplinary team to ensure services are provided according to a hospice plan of care
One-on-one nurse and nurse aide care provided in the home setting during brief periods of crisis for pain control and acute symptom management.
Inpatient Respite Care
Allows the patient to be placed in an inpatient setting for up to five days to give family/caregiver relief and prevent caregiver fatigue. Hospice will coordinate care with the inpatient team to ensure continuity of care.
At Altus Hospice, we thoroughly educate and honestly in- form each patient and their family about our services and respect their right to choose their provider and what kind of service is best for them while preserving their privacy, dignity and ultimate desires for treatment and quality of living. Patient services are provided without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), communicable disease or place of national origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.